Title: Trauma Training for Criminal Justice Partners
Date: April 30, 2021
Time: 12:00pm – 2:00 pm EST
Location: Zoom Online Training
Description: Participants will learn the following:
- Risk factors for psychological trauma
a) Signs of PTSD in criminal defendants
- Effects of childhood abuse and neglect on the brain’s development
a) Focus on effects on brain’s centers for impulsivity and control
b) Resulting behaviors in criminal defendants
i) How these structural changes cause long-term psychological issues such as substance use disorder, impulsive and self-destructive behaviors, and inability to make healthy life and work choices.
- Differentiating antisocial behavior from trauma-based behavior
- The role of genetics in PTSD and antisocial behavior.
- Implications for culpability
- Effective treatments for PTSD